QUEEN'S PLATINUM JUBILEE
In June 2022 we celebrated the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee with commemorative flags throughout the town centre, plaques and a display in Tunnel Road. Reigate has seen many changes over the last 70 years of Her Majesty’s Reign but it has retained its unique charm and character. Our Tunnel Road display provided visitors and residents of the town with a mix of history and art created by local schools and societies. The display was conceptualised by Reigate Business Guild Director, Jes Chandler and created by Reigate Business Guild Member, Martin Wilkie of Unusual Expo. We would like to extend our thanks to the following schools, societies and businesses for bringing Jes’s idea to life:
- Holmesdale School – Artwork and flags
- Reigate College – Artwork and flags.
- Reigate Priory School – Artwork and flags.
- Dunottor School – Artwork.
- Dovers Green School – Flags.
- Reigate Grammar School – Flags.
- Reigate School – Artwork.
- Reigate Society – Artwork and Facts (Sean Hawkins & Robert Bogin).
- Martin Wilkie at Unusual Expo – Enthusiasm in bundles, expertise, concept design and coordination.
- Big Time Scaffolding – The support structure for the tunnel arch.
- Lamps & Tubes – Lorry mounted cherry picker for the cross strings in Church Street, Bell Street and the High Street
- Bruce Chapman – Friend of Reigate Business Guild for the flag install, lamp column plaques
- Stanton Construction Team – James Robertson (Jugs), James Sergeant, Micky Browne.
- Andy Sergeant at AJS Tyres – For assistance with the Tunnel Road Flags.
- Warren Danbury of Giant Colour Sales (formally Partners for print) for turning the printing of the displays all around so quickly.
- Frith Photos – Historic images of Reigate